According to a Job Application from the Call Of Duty developer Treyarch, “Treyarch is seeking a Senior Platform Engineer for a position on the team bringing our hugely successful game to a new console.”
Although the Call Of Duty franchise was not directly mentioned in the application, Call Of Duty: Black Ops, designed by Treyarch, sold just over 25 million copies last August.
The studio has not created a product outside of the Call Of Duty franchise since their 2008 James Bond: Quantum Of Solace and Spider-Man: Webs Of Shadows.
The full job application is shown below.
Treyarch is seeking a Senior Platform Engineer for a position on the team bringing our hugely successful game to a new console. This engineer will work in graphics, the content pipeline, optimization, and tools. He or she will bring breadth and depth in programming to solve a variety of problems and ship a high quality game.
The ideal candidate:
· Communicates effectively within a large team
· Is effective working with high and low level code
· Writes clean code, avoids hacks
· Knows when to be conservative, when to be ambitious
· Gets stuff done
· Adapt graphics and other major systems in our engine to a new platform
· Extend and optimize the content pipeline and tools
· Review work from other engineers
· Solve problems by writing scripts in python or perl
· Contribute ideas and best practices to our technology, development process, and culture
· Expert in C/C++
· Thorough understanding of modern graphics techniques
· Experience with CPU and GPU optimization
· Strong 3D Math
· Shipped 2 or more console titles
· More than 2 years experience working on Xbox360 or PS3